Scholarship Qualifications and Application Requirements
Please read the criteria below, complete the application and submit back with the required documentation to the scholarship committee for consideration. Applications must be postmarked by April 30, 2021.
The Mission Statement of Idaho REALTORS® Education Committee reads in part as follows:
Promote awareness of the solid educational programs and REALTOR® Institute Programs. To encourage youth to enter the field of Real Estate. This, however, is not a requirement to be eligible to receive a scholarship from the Four Rivers Association of REALTORS®.
Based on this policy, the Four Rivers Association of REALTORS® selection committee has established the following criteria to be reviewed when choosing a recipient for the annual scholarships.
- A high school senior who will be graduating and attending a college or trade school within the next 24 months from this application’s date.
- The high school senior must be residing within the State of Idaho in either Payette or Washington Counties OR who lives in the State of Oregon within Malheur County.
- Should you be awarded a scholarship, but you will not be attending a college or trade school for at least 13 months due to Religious or Military obligations, your check may be held (up to 24 months) until you return and have given proof of enrollment.
- A student currently enrolled in a college or trade school and originally graduated from a high school located in either Payette, Washington, or Malheur County.
- NOTE: A student may apply for one of the annual scholarships more than once, but they will only be awarded a scholarship once.
- Applicant must obtain a signature on their application from a REALTOR® who is active in either Payette, Washington, or Malheur Counties and is a current member in good standing with Four Rivers Association of REALTORS®. To obtain a signature, the applicant must have either introduced themselves to the REALTOR® or personally know the REALTOR®.
- Applications MUST be typewritten. The only handwriting accepted on a completed application shall be the signature and date of both applicant and REALTOR®.
- The applicant shall fill out each section of the application. If something doesn’t apply, indicate with a N/A.
- Scholarship recipient must be willing to have his/her name and picture in any FRAOR-Authorized materials (print, digital, etc.).
- Priority will be given to relatives of Four Rivers Association of REALTORS® and their Affiliates.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, handicap, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Your Completed Scholarship Application Packet Must Include:
- Completed Scholarship Application
- An Official High School Transcript with cumulative grade point average (GPA) or College/Trade School Transcript that has been signed and stamped by an official school representative. The transcript either high school or college must be delivered in a sealed school-issued envelope along with the completed application.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation – Letters must be signed and include the contact information to the person making the recommendation.
- The first letter must be from a teacher/professor, coach, or staff member at school
- The second letter must be from a non-family member.
- Essay – Give us a brief statement about yourself and the following:
- The experiences that may have influenced your decision to attend college or attend a trade school
- Your Work / Career Goals after receiving your degree
- Where you see yourself in five to seven (5-7) years after graduation
- Why you feel we should award you with a scholarship
- Any other personal information you want to share with the Scholarship committee for consideration of your application